Home

My my My my

Western Oregon University Lacrosse Team
Forum: General Discussion
Subject: Western Oregon University Lacrosse Team
Posted by: of Westviewlacrosse.com
Date/Time:
former WHS Lacrosse Player - now Defensive Coordinator

To get a little more background about our lacrosse program, we are a Division 2 club lacrosse team in the Men’s Collegiate Lacrosse Association. We are a club sport where players pay dues to play, however we consistently try to strive to play like the best program in the country. In the last decade, our program has garnered many individual and team accomplishments. As a team, we have won 6 PNCLL conference championships, we made it to the MCLA national tournament 7 times, while making it to the quarterfinals twice. As individuals, we've had 31 All Conference players, 9 Conference Player of the Year honors and 12 All Americans.

But this letter is not just about the athletics, we want to as coaches and players from Western Oregon say what a great choice it is to attend Western Oregon University. Western Oregon is in Monmouth, OR, just 16 miles west of Salem and only 63 miles away from Portland. Currently there are over 6000 students, including undergraduate, post baccalaureate, and graduate levels. The top undergraduate majors are business, criminal justice, education, psychology, and exercise science. We have a student-to-faculty ratio 22:1, so if players want to keep that small but close contact to their teachers, this is the place for them. Recently, WOU has changed its admission requirements and does not require the ACT or SAT if the GPA is 3.0 or higher. WOU has rolling admissions, which mean there is no application deadline.

If you have any players interested about attending or want more information, feel free to contact me by either of my contacts and we can schedule a visit with a tour of campus and/or participation of practice.

We hope you have a good rest of your season and look forward to hearing back from potential future Wolves!

Sincerely,
Ronald Rothstein
Defensive Coordinator
Western Oregon University Wolves
Cell number: 503-453-4379 Email: rrothstein10@wou.edu  
     Reply to message    
Message Thread
Subject Posted by When
Western Oregon University Lacrosse Team    1 Year ago